Whether you are just starting down the entrepreneurial path, or are rather looking to upgrade a sewing machine used for business or professional use, in this guide you will find the right tool for the job that is best suited for you, and at your budget.
This guide does not include industrial grade machines, but rather machines that stand up to repeated use with ease and features appropriate for your business needs.
By now you know the ins and outs of what you are seeking, and after extensive research on the best rated and user-friendly professional sewing machines on the market today, please allow me to share my findings with you.
I’ve done my utmost to make this easy to follow and save you time by highlighting the most pleasing and popular features of these incredible machines.
Table of Contents
Janome Memory Craft 6300 Professional Sewing & Quilting Machine
This nicely sized and weighted (at 26.5 lbs.) sewing and quilting machine will fill your needs for producing high quality, reliable results every time, with the durability and features desired for the professional sewer or quilter, and without taking up a ton of space.
While it does not contain a wide variety of decorative stitches, the 66 stitch types and 4 buttonhole options it offers alone are more than enough when you already know what you want and what “go-to” stitches you are accustomed to utilizing.
What makes this machine ideal for professional use is of course what was mentioned above, but also thoughtful features such as an LCD screen that, among other stitching information, indicates when the bobbin is running low.
The combination of both standard and advanced features results in this outstanding choice for getting the job done right, with ease and speed (at 1,000 stitches per minute): automatic thread cutter, knee lift, drop feed control, 5-piece feed dog, start/stop button, locking stitch button, easy reverse button, twin needle guard, and last stitch recall.
Between the extra high presser foot, 8.8 x 4.7-inch workspace, and vertical thread stand, you can sew or quilt without making constant and unnecessary adjustments for an extended period of time. It comes with 11 sewing feet, quilting guide, and dust cover.
- 66 Built In Stitches
- Large Sewing Bed and Throat for Larger Quilts
- Sews 1000 stitches per minute
- 9" x 5" Sewing Bed Space
- Automatic thread cutter, with memory capability
Brother Designio Series DZ1500F High-Speed Straight Stitch Sewing Machine
Brother has done it again with another highly rated and well-loved high-speed straight stitching machine great for designing, (containing a needle felting attachment package for joining embellishments ideal for creating a customized and luxurious look,) or sewing garments.
The six feet that come with the machine are perfect to this end, and with the unique pin feed system, (which moves several layers of material at once,) creating smooth material finishes, the onboard fabric separator tool, and the extra-large extension table, you have the ability and room to knock out your well-sewn garment projects at up to 1,500 stitches per minute.
Some of the fun features of this heavy weighted and semi-industrial machine include 4 color-coded levels indicating the pertaining feed dog adjustment and applicable presser foot pressure, and dual vertical thread stand so that you can keep at it without thread changing interruptions.
These attributes are in addition to the automatic thread cutter and easy access to the bobbin case, even with the extension table attached. To back it all up, this machine comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
- The DZ1500F includes a Needle Felting Attachment Package to create stunning, high-end textured embellishments. More than a $150 value!
- Sew up to 1,500 stitches per minute to create beautiful garments faster than ever.
- Unique Pin Feed System to assure smooth feeding of your material.
- Comes complete with a full set of designer accessories, including Needle Felting Attachment Package, 6 sewing feet, a fabric separator, extra-large extension table and a protective case.
- Reliable, automatic thread cutter button and convenient, color-coded thread tension dial for consistent, high quality stitching.
Singer Professional™ 9100 Sewing Machine
The popular Singer 9100 sewing machine is a high-quality professional grade piece of equipment that will wow you with the plethora of available design options, including a jaw-dropping 404 built-in stitch selections for basic, stretch, or decorative choices, all available for viewing on the LCD touch screen with recommended presser foot.
This is in addition to 2 built-in alphabets and 10 sewing feet, in addition to an edge/quilting guide.
This machine comes with an instructional DVD and has a unique feature of mirror imaging for additional design options, which can be completed at a maximum speed of 750 stitches per minute.
In addition, it comes with a built-in needle threader, drop feed feature for quilting, reverse button, start/stop button, speed control adjustment ability, free arm, large extension table, extra high presser foot lifter, variable needle positions, twin needle function, and machine cover.
All of this at an affordable price may be perfect for you in producing creative and professional results.
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Professional 9100 Sewing Machine has loads of ease-of-use features including a Built-in Needle Threader, Top Drop In Bobbin, Speed Control, and a Self-Adjusting Tension System just to list a few. These features save time and eliminate a lot of frustration, allowing more time for fulfilling your creative dreams
- CREATIVE POSSIBILITIES: The SINGER Professional 9100 Sewing Machine has 404 Built-In Stitches including 9 Built In 1-Step Buttonhole Styles, and with 2 Built-In Alphanumeric Fonts and Mirror Imaging capabilities this machine provides endless opportunities for sewists to create and personalize projects with ease
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories come with the machine including All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Overcasting Foot, Daring & Embroidery Foot, Gathering Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Edge/Quilting Guide, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Screwdrivers, Brush/Seam Ripper, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Extension Table
- WARRANTY: SINGER Professional 9100 Sewing Machine has a 25 Year Limited Warranty
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
Based on your budget and business needs, each of these machines could likely be an excellent (even the best!) match for you. And good for you for going to multiple sources of information before making a purchase!
Considering the research I’ve conducted, in comparing feedback from several sites and hundreds of customers, I am confident you will be satisfied with your selection.
The Janome Memory Craft 6300 sets the bar with an abundant array of combined features for ease of use and expedient output. In addition to the many other outstanding features brushed over, the vertical thread stand, considering how thread is most commonly purchased at present, should not be discounted.
The twin needle feature and knee lifter likewise, should not be overlooked. The ability to add a professional looking, even, double stitched line on garments with ease, while using a knee lifter to raise and lower the presser foot as you sew when needed, freeing up both hands to concentrate on the material, is priceless. Feedback from customers on the quilting ability of this machine is constantly positive, in spite of some initial reservations.
The Brother Designio Series DZ1500F will not disappoint you with its solid build and ability to meet the needs and then some of the garment producing professional, who may have a flair for adding felt pieces!
In addition to sharing the vertical thread stand feature of the Janome, this machine has an awesome onboard fabric separator tool. In addition, with the current trend of adding patches to apparel, adding pieces to garments or handbags is common and sought out extensively.
Those who have tried a Singer tend to stay brand loyal, and who can blame them? At the price point and for what it offers, stitches are sewn flawlessly and consistently on the Singer Professional™ 9100 sewing machine, which includes the impressive number of 404 stitch options. For the professional with creative vision, this popular choice is the choice for you.
I hope this has been a helpful article, and thank you for reading it!